Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Shhh...don't tell.



I'm what some would call an "in the closet" KU fan. I've grown up liking KU, but won't admit it. Probably because I like MU more and I have too much fun critisizing KU no matter how much talent their players have. But, on Sunday, I managed to drag myself down to Lawrence for the KU parade. Over 100,000 people turned up for the legendary event. Lines in restaurants were long and the bathroom lines were even longer. But the 10 minute parade was worth the 3 hour wait.
My avid KU-fan dad took my sister, her friend Kelsey and I to Lawrence, one of his two alma maters (the other was MU...). On the way out we had grabbed blankets, coats, and gloves expecting the weather to be freezing cold, like the meteorologists had predicted. But instead, it was sunny outside, not warm or cold.
We finally arrived and several hours later we some how managed to get a position front-row to all the KU floats and tiny cars carrying the players.
Ten minutes, and several pictures later, it was over. Instead of rushing to Allen Fieldhouse like everyone else, we toured the campus, somewhere I could be living in a couple of years.
We all started to get tired and left campus. Nearly every car that passed was covered in KU paraphenelia and would honk at every passer-by. We finally made it home from the memorable day, regretting that we didn't get to go to the awards ceremony.
Oh well, there's always next year.

3 comments:

kkrier said...

♠Oh♠

kkrier said...

Ya KU actually is a horrible team to pull for so I'm sorry you might possibly have to go their.

Brenna said...

...you a mu fan?