Friday, May 2, 2008

A bit excessive...

Once again, prom has come up on my blog. Though this time, for a different reason. Yesterday in biology, my teacher showed my class a power point on the effects of drinking and driving. It was pretty gruesome. It was something none of us wanted to see two days before prom. Then, once again, today on KLHS they showed a video of cars after being hit by drunk drivers. But that wasn't the extent of it. When I was leaving school, there was a traffic back up. One bigger than most days. Today it was because there were police officers and Rotary members handing out candy for everyone that had their seat belt buckled and organ donor cards to all that didn't then proceeded to tell us to "slow down for prom". Ok I get the idea. I get that they're trying to warn us about what can happen...but...they may've taken it too far.

No comments: